CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why I Don’t Water My Lawn

For the past week, stepping outside of my house has been like walking into a brick wall.  The heat is that thick and heavy.  No where is this more evident than in the browning of my lawn.  My neighbor’s sprinklers have been running morning and night for days in an attempt to keep her lawn looking green, while I can practically hear my blades of grass sizzling.

Why don’t I water my lawn?  Because I just can’t justify spending one of the world’s most valuable resources on my lawn.  Did you know that 884 million people lack access to safe water and 1 in 8 people die from water related diseases every year?  When people are dying from the lack of something I have such easy access to, I can’t just waste it by pouring it on my grass.  Never mind the additional expense of watering my lawn; money that my family needs or that I can donate to help others have clean, sustainable water. 

Now, I don’t judge other people for watering their lawns and I don’t expect everyone to share my sentiments.  I just want people to understand why my lawn is turning brown and why I’m not doing anything about it.

Click here to learn how you can help others have access to clean water.

0 comments:

Post a Comment