CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School

DSC03953

We are back to school!  Well, we don’t have far to go…just to the kitchen table.  But it’s definitely a change from our lazy, summer days and I, for one, am glad for it!  And I have to say, I’m very proud of my kiddos for the way they’ve jumped right in!  Maybe they were ready for some structure and order to the day, even if they would never have admitted it. 

One of my favorite subjects this year is studying the book of James with them.  They each have their own book called, Boy, Do I Have Problems which is an inductive Bible study by Kay Arthur.  The picture above is of Caitlyn working through her study with her colored pencils; marking common words.  I love that they are learning how to study the Bible on their own and how to apply it to their lives.  DSC03961

The greatest challenge so far is keeping Abraham content while I focus on the big kids’ school.  He’s almost two years-old now and can throw a mean tantrum when he doesn’t get his way.  Which means, we have our fair share of interruptions.  On the other hand, he’s loves to play with his cars and trains and is content to do so while we get some school done.  And there is usually an older sibling willing to entertain him while the other gets some one-on-one schooling.

I’m praying that this positive attitude toward school will continue (I overheard the kids saying, “School is FUN this year!”) and that I don’t let the constant interruptions bring me down…like I did today.  I love to be a part of what my kids are learning!  And, I love my kids!

2 comments:

Heather S.

Glad school started off well! I totally understand the constant interruptions with a toddler around!! We are dealing with the same thing! I am sure some days will seem just crazy!!

Elisabeth

Schooling was so much easier with two students and 1 interruption than with 3 students and 1 interruption. Hang in there, and let's keep each other in prayer.

Post a Comment