CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dress a Girl Around the World

DSC04107

Caitlyn and I have been talking about making dresses for the Dress a Girl Around the World campaign for quite some time.  We even attempted a dress but didn’t quite finish it.  Today, we had a couple of hours of uninterrupted time so we took advantage of it and got to work! 

DSC04111

Caitlyn got to use an iron for the first time.  She also learned that sewing involves a lot more than just…sewing.

DSC04108

I really, really tried to take a “hands off” approach as much as possible.

DSC04113

Can you tell how much restraint I’m using not to grab hold of the reigns?

DSC04114

Ok, so I was good for a little while.  Looks like my “hands off” approach has flown out the window.

DSC04112

I guess there are some things Mama’s just got to do herself.  Caitlyn did an excellent job sewing a straight line for the seam, but I had to handle some of the trickier sewing, such as sewing the bias tape and the casing.  In between her turn, Caitlyn jumped on the trampoline.  I think she was just as happy doing that.

DSC04120

I think Caitlyn and I make a pretty good sewing team!  We learned some things to do differently for sewing our next dress (we WERE winging it, after all) and we got to spend some quality mom and daughter time together.  You can’t beat that!

The Dress a Girl Around the World Campaign is a division of the Hope 4 Women International Organization.  Check out the Dress A Girl video and get involved!

Every little girl should have a dress of her very own.

3 comments:

Joy for the Seasons

Love it!

Crazy Dallas Beader

This is wonderful! Caitlyn did a great job too! I'm passing this on to my sister. She loves to sew!

Anonymous

My Mom is so awesome!
-Caitlyn

Post a Comment