CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Cherry Chocolate Valentine

DSC02598Don’t you just love it when you imagine a creation, follow the steps in your mind, and it turns out perfectly?!  I’ve been imagining this Cherry Chocolate Valentine soap for about a month and the steps needed to make it come to fruition.  I started this project over two weeks ago by making cherry-scented hearts and chocolate-scented swirls using melt and pour glycerin soap.  The next day, I was ready to make my cherry-chocolate scented cold process soap only to discover I didn’t quite have enough sodium hydroxide!  Yikes!  I ordered some right away from Brambleberry, but their order volume has greatly increased so my order wasn’t going to ship for a week!  They’re working hard to get back to their 24 hour turn-around, but I seriously need to do better about keeping up with my inventory and ordering supplies BEFORE I’m down to my last few ounces.   So, I had to put my hearts and swirls on the shelf and do the waiting dance.  Finally, my sodium hydroxide arrived last week and I was able to finish my creation!  DSC02599I am so pleased and excited about these cute soaps.  And they will be ready the week before Valentine’s Day!

1 comments:

Joy for the Seasons

Friend, you did a beautiful job! Proud of you!

Post a Comment