CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 21, 2010

DIY marketing

I find it somewhat ironic that, given my extensive history of studying marketing, teaching marketing and applying marketing principles to other organizations, I am struggling with creating my own marketing plan. Plan?? What plan? So far, I'm networking on a variety of social networks, but I know I need to sit down and plan my marketing strategies. Why is it so difficult to apply my knowledge and experience to my own business?

I think part of my struggle is the social media aspect, which is pretty much 90% of my marketing strategy so far. When I studied advertising, social media was barely on the horizon and is still fairly new to most advertisers in terms of incorporating it into a marketing plan. I find myself the student again; researching online for articles that will help me develop a social media plan.

1 comments:

Gail Speis

Catherine, I know exactly how u feel. I've been sent alot of training since beginning our Advocare business from outside sources, and they all sound great...but can they all be right? I don't know. Let me know when and if u crack the code. I will continue to tell others about your soaps.- Gail

Post a Comment