CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Slab Mold - the first trial

I tried my new Slab Mold from Bramble Berry last night. I also tried the "swirl" technique for the first time. I'm fairly pleased with how things turned out. I love the dividers in this mold. I think I did okay with my swirling, but as you can see from the bottom of the soap, I don't think my swirls went all the way through. Will need to work on that some more. Also, my purple wasn't as bright as I thought it would be, but it's a nice shade of lavender...which fits the fragrance: Lavender Vanilla. The most difficult part was figuring out how to get the soap out of the mold. The soap was pretty soft and difficult to work with without indenting it. I tried to gently free each bar individually, but that became time consuming. I then worked on sliding each of the dividers out, but that also took a bit of time. Between the two efforts, I finally freed all 18 bars!



Free at Last!

0 comments:

Post a Comment