CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 12, 2010

Patriot Soap

Our family recently returned from touring Washington, D.C. One of my favoritepatriot exhibits at the Smithsonian was the Star Spangled Banner Flag.  It was the original flag that inspired Francis Scott Key to write “The Star Spangled Banner” in 1813.  It was worn, faded and missing pieces, but oh what a treasure! 

The flag was the inspiration for my latest soap, “Patriot”. I’m usually not very good working with Melt and Pour Soap, but I’m so pleased with how this one turned out!  I wanted it to have an “old time” feel to it, so I used a brick red oxide and swirled the colors a bit.  To capture the spirit of Independence Day, it’s scented with Watermelon Fragrance Oil.

3 comments:

Wonder Turtle Soaps

Your "Patriot" soap looks great, Catherine! I'll bet it smells wonderful, too - perfect for summer. Touring D.C. sounds fun. I'd like to go to the Smithsonian again. The last time I was there I was five or six, and I don't remember much except for a little about the dinosaurs exhibit :)

Joy for the Seasons

I love that red!

Catherine Dreher

The dinosaur exhibit probably hasn't changed much! :) We did have a good time.

Post a Comment