CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Carnival Soap

I still have a lot of melt and pour glycerin soap to work with and have been inspired recently by embedded soaps that I’ve seen online, so I thought I’d make a soap that reminded me of a party.  I made four batches of colored soap and then used a vegetable peeler to create small swirls.  I put the swirlscarnival2 in the freezer and then melted a batch of clear glycerin and scented it with Vanilla Fragrance Oil.  Once it cooled, I put my swirls in a loaf mold and then poured the clear glycerin on top.  This is the result!  It makes me think of a Caribbean carnival (though I’ve never been to one).   These are now listed on catiebeth.com.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie

It turned out great- So fun and colorful! Love it!

I always save my soap scraps from M&P projects so I can embed them. This way I don't waste any soap and I end up with a really fun loaf!

Joy for the Seasons

I saw these on your website earlier today and loved them right away! Very creative and quite appealing to the eye.

Post a Comment