CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Home Office Makeover

 DSC00772I’m embarrassed to say that, just a few days ago, this is what my home office looked like.  Cluttered, unorganized, uninspiring.  Unopened mail was piled high on the desks and boxes were strewn across the floor…ugh.  With my efforts of getting Catie Beth off the ground, teaDSC00776ching online, and keeping up with the kids activities, my office needed some TLC. Pictures of beautiful, organized home offices kept finding their way before my eyes, only to make me envious.  Enough was enough!  I received a DSC00775reimbursement check from the county tax assessor’s office, so I checked out some home office makeovers online, made my plans and set out for Target.

My home office was in dire need of shelves to hold mDSC00783y soaps and lotions and a cabinet for storing packaging and shipping supplies.   I also needed a dry erase board of some sort for keeping track of everything I need to do on a daily basis.  I’m the sort that, if I don’t write it down, I won’t remember to do it.  I found what I neededDSC00777 at Target, along with a curtain rod and a curtain valence (not pictured, because they haven’t been hung, yet).

Before I could do anything, I HAD to go through the clutter.  I  took all the knick-knacks down and put them in a box.  I then sorted through the pDSC00778iles of papers; tossing the ones that were trash into trash bags and the ones that needed to be filed into a box.  I filled three tall kitchen trash bags!  I took out the computer and vacuumed the layer of dog hair that had accumulated beneath DSC00782my desk.  Once I had everything hauled out except for the furniture, I did a thorough cleaning.  It was then time to put together my new shelves and cabinet.  Hubby put together my cabinet and I put together the  shelves for my soaps and lotions.  Once they were put together and placed where I wanted them, I was able  to put back my knick-knacks and hang some new pictures and my new dry erase calendar. 

DSC00786I’m mostly finished with my office makeover.  I still have the box of papers to file left, but that’s it.  It’s not a complete makeover, but it’s definitely an improvement over the mess that it was.  It’s  more inDSC00787spiring, relaxing, colorful and calm…all at the same time. 

 

2 comments:

Joy for the Seasons

It looked like you could totally do a cartwheel in the middle of the floor even in your first photo, so I would say it was not as bad as it could have been. LOL Love that soap cabinet!

akcArt

It's always a good feeling to unclutter the clutter! Now the question may be.....where did I put......? It's looks great, ENJOY your new space!

Post a Comment