CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Do Over!

DSC00972

A couple of days ago, I made a batch of layered, glycerin soap scented with Papaya Coconut.  I sold out of the previous batch because it’s a great summertime fragrance! 

 

Well, my second batch DSC00973here didn’t go so well.  For one, the colors were too muted and not as bright as I had wanted.  Also, the layers came apart when I cut the bars.  Oops!  I left them too long in the freezer. 

Today, I cut up the old batch, melted them, added more mica and tried again.  They turned out brighter and, best of all, they stayed together!  A plus for any soap.

 

 

 

 

1 comments:

Wonder Turtle Soaps

Ah, that's one of the great things about glycerin soaping - it's so forgiving! Glad the do-over batch turned out well :)

Post a Comment