CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

On the Rack

DSC02429A favorite!  Oatmeal, Milk and Honey! After a brief hiatus from soaping to focus on Christmas decorating, shopping and baking, I made this beautiful loaf last night!  It was my first attempt at layering cold process soap and I think it turned out pretty cute!  DSC02430There are three layers: yellow, brown and natural with oatmeal in it.  I used bubble wrap on the bottom of my mold to create a honey comb look.  The soap is made with Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Olive Oil with infused Geranium Blossom, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter and Castor Oil.  It will be a real treat for dry, winter skin!  Look for it to be ready middle of January.DSC02433

5 comments:

Wonder Turtle Soaps

Looks great! I like using bubble wrap to create a honeycomb effect, too. And Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey is such a wonderful fragrance!

Catherine Dreher

I think my kids got to the bubble wrap before I had a chance to use it. ;) It was fun!

Anne-Marie

They turned out great with fantastic color contrast.

Joy for the Seasons

I was wondering how you got that texture on top. Too cool! I cannot wait to order some...my skin is a-sufferin' already.

Catherine Dreher

Thanks! I'm really pleased with the yellow. My brown has a slight purple hue to it. I wanted it to be richer, but I still like it.

Post a Comment