CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gardening 101

DSC03190I visit my garden everyday; anxiously awaiting the chance to harvest something…anything!  Finally, the spinach looked ready for the taking!  I should add that this is my first time growing spinach.  DSC03191In my eagerness to bring forth my bounty from garden to kitchen, I reached in and pulled out four lovely heads of spinach.  I carried them to the kitchen, pulled off the leaves and cleaned them.DSC03195As I marveled at the size of the leaves, I tried to remember what kind of heirloom spinach seeds I ordered from Bakers Creek way back in February.  I found the packet of seeds.  It’s Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach and it’s been around since 1925.  I continued to read the back of the package, “harvest often for continued growth.”  Wait, what?  I had just pulled them up leaves, roots and all!  DSC03199So, here’s my “bounty” for the season.  One gallon-sized bag of spinach.  At least until fall, when I’ll try again…now that I’ve learned my lesson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment