CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 2, 2011

Suburban Farming

DSC03129I LOVE to see my garden grow.  In spite of the cool weather and non-stop rain, my herbs and veggies are growing strong.  I’m a gardener at heart; give me some soil and sunshine and I’ve just got to do some planting!  Below are close-ups of my two gardens.DSC03127 This is mainly my early spring/fall garden.  From left to right, the rows are:

  1. Beets, Calendula, Spinach, Baby Carrots
  2. Broccoli, Radish, Daisy, Cilantro
  3. Cabbage, Red Romaine, Swiss Chard, Basil
  4. Snow Peas, Zucchini, Cucumber, Peas

DSC03128This is my mid-late summer garden.  Most of the plants are recent transplants or are just sprouting from seed.  From left to right, the rows are:

  1. Purple Cherokee Tomato, Eggplant, Roma Tomato, Spaghetti Squash
  2. Cubanelle Pepper, Anaheim Pepper (2), Bush Pickle Cucumber
  3. Bush Bean, Pepperoncini, African Cayenne Pepper, Rosemary
  4. (Nothing, yet).

227446_10150231132896320_539346319_8529281_40927_nHere’s how we keep the rabbits out of the garden!  That’s my sweet hubby in the background making the second garden screen.  They just sit right on top of the garden frame.  I can water through them and can easily lift them off to weed and harvest. 

I hope to post about my harvest soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment